- RSS Channel Showcase 3416131
- RSS Channel Showcase 1941048
- RSS Channel Showcase 6613985
- RSS Channel Showcase 2381347
Articles on this Page
- 01/24/15--08:25: _Manley Introduces F...
- 01/26/15--09:33: _Solid State Logic I...
- 01/27/15--19:05: _Winter NAMM Report:...
- 01/29/15--08:33: _G-Sonique Releases ...
- 01/30/15--10:42: _Free MOOC Course: B...
- 01/31/15--09:19: _Spectrasonics Annou...
- 02/02/15--08:52: _Composer Cribs – Ye...
- 02/04/15--07:10: _Ear Trumpet Labs An...
- 02/05/15--06:24: _Sound Tips for Begi...
- 02/06/15--07:49: _NYC Event Alert: Pr...
- 02/06/15--15:02: _RIP Joseph Grado — ...
- 02/09/15--14:07: _PSP Audioware Intro...
- 02/10/15--06:49: _Research & Developm...
- 02/11/15--06:35: _“Fader” Debuts – Wi...
- 02/12/15--07:34: _10 Classic Albums M...
- 02/13/15--07:10: _J. Walter Thompson’...
- 02/15/15--07:47: _Softube Transient S...
- 02/16/15--07:51: _Composer Jóhann Jóh...
- 02/18/15--07:32: _Analogue Solutions ...
- 02/19/15--07:19: _Chung King Studios ...
- 01/24/15--08:25: Manley Introduces FORCE Mic Preamp at NAMM 2015
- 01/26/15--09:33: Solid State Logic Introduces 500 Series VHD Pre at NAMM 2015
- 01/27/15--19:05: Winter NAMM Report: 27 Picks to Power Your Studio
- 01/29/15--08:33: G-Sonique Releases Audio Control AC1 Sound Control Plug-In
- 01/31/15--09:19: Spectrasonics Announces Omnisphere 2 Synth
- 02/02/15--08:52: Composer Cribs – Yessian, Flatiron District, New York City
- 02/04/15--07:10: Ear Trumpet Labs Announces Evelyn Stereo Mic
- 02/05/15--06:24: Sound Tips for Beginners — Analog Audio Levels for Recording
- 02/06/15--15:02: RIP Joseph Grado — Founder of Grado Labs
- 02/11/15--06:35: “Fader” Debuts – Wireless DAW Control App for iOS Devices
- 02/12/15--07:34: 10 Classic Albums Made Outside the Recording Studio
- 02/15/15--07:47: Softube Transient Shaper Plug-In Released
- 02/18/15--07:32: Analogue Solutions Announces Nyborg-12 Monosynth Module
Manley Labs has been at it for over 30 years now, and they continue to produce rock-solid tools for audio pros around the world.
A big name in big consoles is now sharing their tech among the masses with the announcement of the VHD Pre for 500 Series chassis.
My Winter NAMM started early this year.
After a six-hour flight from JFK to NYC, I was more in the mode to make it to my Anaheim hotel, take a hot shower, and pass out before the next day’s convention center fray. But I couldn’t help talking to my friendly … Read More
The Slovakia-based company G-Sonique has produced another versatile plug-in for mixing and mastering. The affordable Audio Control AC1 emulates a console’s master section – more specifically the controls used to monitor a mix. With a few additions of their own, AC1 lets users critically listen to a mix at a … Read More
For many, this Super Bowl Sunday is the ultimate in sporting entertainment. For thousands of others, however, it represents the day before a killer new free online course from Berklee College of Music begins.
On Monday, February 2nd, … Read More
When Omnisphere was originally released, it provided sound designers and musicians with tools to discover a variety of sounds like no other synth before it. Spectrasonics is … Read More
Always put yourself in a position to win.
Whether the topic is football or mixing for original music and sound design, you can’t argue with that logic. At Yessian, they’re playing that strategy to the hilt, with a smart new facility in the Flatiron District, just north of their former … Read More
Portland, OR-based mic developer Ear Trumpet Labs specialize in manufacturing handmade microphones with vintage aesthetics and modern electronics.
Their new Evelyn stereo mic consists of two medium-diaphragm capsules spaced just enough for proper ORTF stereo recording. The microphones in Evelyn are a matched-pair and can function for a variety of … Read More
There comes a moment of joy and frustration with the appearance of the fourth piece of gear.
You already have an audio interface for your computer, the mic plugs into the mic jack and the guitar plugs into the instrument jack. Then you get a great new device with connectors … Read More
Ready to tackle three big audio topics in four hours, with an accomplished pro?
A patriarch of audio has departed us. Today, Brooklyn-based Grado Labs released the following statement:
It is with a heavy heart for the Grado family to say that Joseph Grado, founder of Grado Labs and inventor of the stereo moving coil phono cartridge, … Read More
Producers of a variety of hardware modeled plug-ins, PSP Audioware is now introducing their first rotary speaker emulator with L’otary. The new plug-in is modeled after the legendary Leslie 122, and 147. Unlike the originals, L’otary adds a new layer of functionality in the digital realm with rotary options … Read More
We confess – when we first encountered Waves’ DiGiGrid DLS solution at the 135th AES, we couldn’t get our heads all the way around it. On the surface, we could see that this was a particularly powerful audio interface, working alongside of a SoundGrid DSP server for Pro Tools|HD and … Read More
Brooklyn-based producer and engineer Nick Brandes has announced the release of his premiere iOS app for wireless DAW control. Fader supports three main views:Fader View – Full screen fader control with panning and automation control Jog Wheel View – Large… Read More
More than ever before, albums are written, recorded, and even mixed at home. But it wasn’t always that way.
Just a few decades ago, almost all bands booked time in a recording studio to capture the sounds they wanted. Artists would commonly need to travel—sometimes across stateliness or outside the … Read More
It’s very satisfying to see the good guys get ahead.
Softube first previewed their Transient Shaper last month at NAMM 2015. With the announcement of the official release, users will get to experience their dual-band transient shaper that can effect bass, treble, or both.
The crossover is user-defined between 100Hz and 4000Hz, with 700 as the default. Actual shaping controls … Read More
Jóhann Jóhannsson is on a roll – of a different sort. The circular motion of the imagery in the brilliant film that he scored, The Theory of Everything, inspired the spherical structures of the unforgettable music he created for it.
Developed by UK-based Analogue Solutions, Nyborg-12 couples the monophonic synthesizer with their SEM 12dB/octave multimode filter. The filter’s design is inspired from Tom Oberheim’s original 1974 SEM (Synthesizer Expander Module) synth.
As Analogue Solutions expresses, their sound’s difference lies in the ‘real analogue voice and modulation circuits’ that other … Read More
Chung King Studios has closed – again. And with John King’s exit from 36 West 37th Street, comes a new chapter for this coveted space.
On Friday the 13th of … Read More